Saturday, November 17, 2012

FEAR NOT!


Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.  Isaiah 41:10. 

Fear not.  Those have to be the two most important words in the Bible for today.  We have awful headlines all around us these days, some are real some are not.  As true followers of Jesus Christ we have to determine what's real and what's not by testing the spirits.  We have to weigh through the Holy Spirit what we need to concern ourselves with and what we don't.  Remember God is sovereign and He is always in control over what happens on this earth.  While Satan still is the prince of the earth he can only do what God allows him to do. 

The world as we know it is changing rapidly.  Everyday there is always bad news around the corner.  We as believers and followers of Jesus Christ are being persecuted more and more every day.  Jesus predicted this during His ministry here the first time around by saying the following:

18"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.19If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.20Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.21They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me.22If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin.23He who hates me hates my Father as well.24If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father.25But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: 'They hated me without reason.  John 15: 18-25

Doing the will of God for your life isn't easy, in fact it can be very difficult at times.  The farther along this show moves forward the more persecution I face.  The sad part of that is the fact that it is so called "Christians" who criticize me the most.  I don't do this show to be divisive yet Jesus said that the word would divide even families.  We can't let this criticism and persecution deter us from doing what God calls us to do.  Jesus said that many are called but few are chosen.  If you are chosen it means that you are willing to lay down your life if need be for the gospels sake.  At some point in the future the Bible says we'll have to make a choice.  Either we take the number of the Beast and worship him and the worlds system or we stand fast and stand on the words of Jesus Christ.  We either stand fast or we fold, there won't be any middle ground. 

Pray that God gives you the strength to stand when it becomes very hard to stand.  Get yourself in a solid study group and like minded believers who will stand with you no matter what.  Fellowship is what getting together in groups is all about, to encourage one another, to confess our short comings to one another, to lift each other up in times of testing.  Remember that we are always in spiritual war (see Ephesians 6:12) and that Satan is always on the prowl seeking whom he may devour.  By standing together we can overcome just as Jesus Christ overcame the world for our sake.  His sacrifice on the cross for our sins make us all over comers if we accept Him as our Lord and Savior!   You can make a difference, you can help change the world around you by believing on HIM!  No matter who is President Jesus Christ is KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment