Saturday, June 15, 2013

Life and Death


Life and death come to us all in different ways.  Sometimes it's traumatic, sometimes it's expected (death that is). 

Over the past year I've had my beloved mother, granddaughter pass away as well as 3 of my friends, the most recent one being so close he was like a brother to me.  Yes at times we had a spat as most brothers do yet we always knew that one would be there for the other.  Death seems so evil at times and it comes upon us like a thief in the night.  One minute you're here, the next you're gone. 

I found my mother dead in her bath tub.  I did what I could to revive her (I had extensive CPR training while being an SP in the USAF) but it was all to no avail.  By the time the Paramedics got there they informed me that she was gone and probably had been for a couple days.  Then after that I lost Christiana (my grand baby) Randy, Chad and finally my friend/brother Rob. 

Proverbs 27:1 sums it up pretty well.  "Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring."

There are many other Bible verses that state the same thing.  I could be gone tomorrow and so could you or anyone you love.  We are not guaranteed any specific time on this earth by God.  We're supposed to make the most of what we have.  With my granddaughter what could she do?  She was five months old yet she brought joy, smiles and brightness into our lives.  As for my friends/brothers in arms Rob AND his family and I were one.  They included me in family dinners and so much more, they showed me love no matter what I was going through at the time. 

Cherish the time you have here on this plane.  Always give thanks to God for another day.  Why?  Because it's another day you have a chance to make a difference in someone else's life!  I almost gave up blogging and my radio shows because I thought "God is it making a difference ?  Are my shows relevant?"  He told me via the Holy Spirit that even if we wake one person a week up it's worth it as it's a victory for the kingdom of God.  I have a heavy burden upon me being a watchman (Ezekiel 33:6) and it has been a calling I've tried to run from many times over.  Yet I can't and won't have the blood of those who haven't heard God's warnings not only for the USA but worldwide.  If you read Ezekiel 33:6 you'll understand the calling that's been placed upon me.  God knows I didn't want it or ask for it, yet it's what I have to do or else type of thing.  I can't drink or smoke it away even though I've tried (especially after my mother's death) so I'm stuck with it so to speak.  So even though death has surrounded me this past year I have to soldier on. 

So praise God for everyday you take a breath and live on.  Give thanks and take on whatever project/mission God has blessed you with.  I can't give up and neither can you if you search your heart and soul. 

When Rob's son called me today with the news that his father was gone I cried out to God asking "WTF?"  "First my granddaughter and now this too in one week?"  "WTF do you want from me?  I can't keep going on this way!"  It wasn't until I calmed down that I realized that I need to keep doing what I'm doing until God calls me home.  Once again we don't know what day or time that will be but as  the scripture says "Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord".  2 Corinthians 5:8.

As much as it hurts to have those you love and cherish to depart from you in death, realize that they have a new life.  That is a promise from God Almighty Himself and as God cannot lie we should take comfort in His word. 

Yes I cussed and swore against what God took from me this week.  It wasn't easy and life isn't fair.  Yet I finally realized that instead of being angry with God (as I was when my mother passed) we need to think of our loved ones being with Him in a much better place. 

So while we celebrate life and we mourn in death we should always remember God is sovereign and we will all see our loved ones again.  I firmly believe that my granddaughter is being held by my mother in heaven and that my best friend Rob is tickling her cheeks.  God bless you all and pray for the family's (mine and Rob 's) who have been affected by these tragedies.  God bless and good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment